network sharing problems!? need help

hi there

i have a desktop and a laptop connected to my router, laptop wireless and desktop wired, before i had the desktop wireless but i changed it :)

anyway the problem is that since i changed the desktop to wired, i cannot access the desktop shared folders from the laptop? but i can access some of the folders on the laptop from the desktop, but i cant paste files into the laptop folders :confused:

i pinged the laptop from the desktop and got nothing, but with an application called "advanced ip scanner" it could notice the laptops ip address as being connected to the network :huh:

so please help me out here, because my brother keeps nagging at me as he wants to copy the vids from my comp lol :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
gordonquinn
Loading thread data ...

If you can access one computer from the other and you can't do the same the other way around, then you have a permissions problem, because the computers are sharing resources. But in some cases, your user account doesn't have the permissions. And I'll assume that's the error message you're getting is

*Access Denied*.

What O/S(s) are these computers using?

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.