wireless enables laptops

I have a WIRED router connected to my laptop via ethernet. My laptop DEll Inspiron 1501 has a wireless card built in or wifi built in. I want to know if i can use my laptop as a access point to connect my ipod touch and psp to the internet and how may i be acle to do so. please leave any suggestions. thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
raff17
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:27:10 -0500, raff17 wrote in :

Probably not under Windows, since most Windows drivers don't have that functionality. You'll need an inexpensive wireless access point on your wired network, which generally makes more sense in any event.

Reply to
John Navas

You have a wired internet connection coming in to your laptop, and a WiFi built in that's not being used? That connection could be shared to the WiFi of an ipod-touch.

Some of this is old, but it will get you started: Wireless Home Network Connection Without a Router

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.