NETGEAR DG834G

Hi,

I'm just about to make my first plunge into the wireless world!!

I'm a complete novice so I thought I'd post here to get some advice. I've found the NETGEAR DG834G through the site below.

formatting link
It appears to do everything I want, and probably a lot more, I'm going to be using it with my Acer notebook which has integrated wireless so that I can access my wanadoo broadband through out the house (new build, with paper thin walls!). My questions are:

1. Is it suitable for my needs
  2. Is it easy to set-up/configure?
  3. I'm paranoid about people connecting to my network, is the security on this sufficient?
  4. Is there anything else/alternartive I should consider?
  5. Has anyone got experience of
    formatting link

TIA Noah

Reply to
Noah
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

It's hard to say without knowing your level of experience whether you will find it easy to set up. I found it to be one of the easiest to use. And the security is quite adequate unless people flying black helicopters are trying to hack you, but they can get warrants to tap your phone anyway.

Don't know them, but I see

formatting link
is cheaper, they are offering free shipping and their customer service is excellent.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

I like them. Some people don't. Easy to set up, install and upgrade. Just be sensible.

Reply to
Filthy Rich

Thankfully there aren't too many people like that looking for me.........that I know of atleast ;-)

I'm a complete novice, but I'm armed with loads of reviews and a couple of handy forums. Ordered one yesterday, should be here tomorrow.

Cheers

Noah

Reply to
Noah

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.