Linksys WRK 54G Problem !!

Can anyone help me l,m a novice when it comes to the tech side of computers so here goes. l use to have a Toshiba laptop and l bought a Linksys wrk54g router and Linksys notebook card to slot into the side of the laptop and everything worked fine untill the laptop motherboard packed up.So l have bought a Packard Bell laptop which has wi-fi so l dont have to use the Linksys card. l,m on windows vista with a Ralink wireless lan card2 and when l go on the internet the signal strength for shows excellent but l find it hard to get onto a webpage sometimes l dont.The green bar takes ages to find a page but if l switch the modem and router off and back on it sometimes works fine for 5-10 minutes then slows down again to in the end l find it hard to get on any web page but the signal strength shows excellent.The packard is intel pentium duel core and should be alot faster than my Toshiba was but its not.Should l have to config anything when l first used this laptop or is there something l have not done.This is driving me mad l do hope you can help me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
ray316
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.