Linksys router closing out my browser

Looking for some help. Every time I access my wireless router setup page on my PC and type in my name and password once I hit enter it completely closes out my browser. This happens multiple times. Occasionally I will get in but can't make any changes. If I try to make changes in setup it usually freezes up or the browser completely closes again. But I have been able to access the setup from my wireless laptop. I can make changes and no issues with my browser closing. Weird. I have updated firmware my linksys is wrt54g ver 2 HELP

Reply to
Ryuujin
Loading thread data ...

On 22 Jul 2006 07:24:41 -0700, "Ryuujin" wrote in :

Sounds like a problem with your browser. Try Mozilla Firefox or Opera.

Reply to
John Navas

What browser? Try a different one, and/or upgrade your existing one...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:04:03 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote in :

Amazing how many people seem to think Usenet is a mystery venue where after a few vague clues they can sit back and enjoy watching experts try to puzzle out the facts and then the solution. Guess it beats network TV. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for reminding me, John, his headers say he's using Google, and:

/* X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MMozilla/4.0SIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Roadrunner; Crazy Browser 1.0.5; .NET CLR

1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) */

Wonder what that "Crazy Browser" plugin is all about, maybe it's breaking something. It claims it's not spyware, but any browser that falls over after entering a password would lead me to guess that there's some hijacking going on.

Not sure I can parse the rest of that browser string, anyone else?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

It does it in my crazy browser and my firefox and IE browser Thanks all for the info

Reply to
Ryuujin

Hmm, then it sounds like some kind of malware. Anything that happens right after a username/password window is probably trying (and failing for some reason) to steal the password and send it back to the malware author.

What virus and malware scanner(s) are you using?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:42:17 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote in :

I was guessing virus or spyware.

Reply to
John Navas

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:20:12 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote in :

If any. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:59:50 GMT John Navas wrote: | On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:20:12 -0400, William P.N. Smith | wrote in | : | |>"Ryuujin" wrote: |>>It does it in my crazy browser and my firefox and IE browser |>

|>Hmm, then it sounds like some kind of malware. Anything that happens |>right after a username/password window is probably trying (and failing |>for some reason) to steal the password and send it back to the malware |>author. |>

|>What virus and malware scanner(s) are you using? | | If any. ;)

Or the scanner could be infected, too.

The OP should run a Knoppix or Ubunto live-CD to do the configuration.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Gentlemen thank you gor your help. I downloaded malware remover and ewido antispyware program. ran them and clean up the PC then ran them again in safemade. I have no more problems accessing my router anymore.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction Tom

Reply to
Ryuujin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.