Linksys resets itself

How common is it for a LinkSys WRT600N dual band gigabit router to reset itself back to it's original settings?

I had set up a secure network weeks ago but tonight I got disconnected and when I connected back up my WiFi network was

operating on the original unsecured LinkSys signal. Is this a sign that one of my neighbors is hacking into my system?

Reply to
don
Loading thread data ...

How common is it for a LinkSys WRT600N dual band gigabit router to reset itself back to it's original settings?

I had set up a secure network weeks ago but tonight I got disconnected and when I connected back up my WiFi network was

operating on the original unsecured LinkSys signal. Is this a sign that one of my neighbors is hacking into my system?

Reply to
don

Reply to
don

Im not familar with your router but maybe you forgot to save your setup. If that is the case it could go back to the old data after a reset.

Jimmie

Reply to
jimmie68

No.

No. It means that your router reset itself to default, or you're connecting to one of your neighbors unsecured routers with an SSID=Linksys. Verify that you're actually connected to your own router.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.