Intersil Prism PCMIA HWB1151 Early Wireless Card Driver

I came across an older Intersil Pros, HWB1151-Eval MAC'Less Radio PCMCIA card inside a small single purpose older computer. Does anyone have any idea for drivers for this card - Windows or Linux ? Is it 2.4 ghz or the 900 mhz band ?

Reply to
frankdowling1
Loading thread data ...

From the user guide:-

"Evaluation kits include two MACless cards in a PCMCIA Type II form factor and this application note. The HWB1151- KIT MACless radio kit does not include any software."

" The HWB1151-KIT is not FCC approved as an intentional Kit radiator and is intended for use with cabled connections only (30dB attenuation recommended antenna port to antenna port). An FCC experimental license is required while transmitting over the air with unapproved equipment."

formatting link

Reply to
kev

Thank You. Could this card be used as stanard b wi fi card ? Any ideas of where drivers could be found ? I had an interesting case of searching for drivers for an older card a few years ago. Found the former dot.com type ceo hiding at his lake front beach cottage. He kept demanidng - how did you find me ....I resent ..... Iengineers took care of that ......any idea what chipset ....... cannot discuss that for legal reason..... i resent this.....

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
frankdowling1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.