How to use "local" adb wireless-debugging ladb to spoof a PC connection

How to use "local" adb wireless-debugging ladb to spoof a PC connection.

formatting link
Local adb runs on Android
formatting link
ladb eliminates the PC

The topic came up how to uninstall Google apps without being rooted where the simplest solution is to delete them from Android using a PC. *Remove Google Apps from Android?*

formatting link

Where, one solution to that problem set is to use adb over Wi-Fi or over USB between the Android phone and the PC (Windows, MacOS or Linux). C:> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.package.name (disables named package) pm enable --user 0 com.package.name (enables prior disabled package) pm uninstall --user 0 com.package.name (wipes out package data/cache) pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.package.name (keeps package data/cache) cmd package install-existing com.package.name (re-installs package)

For example, this uninstalls for the non-root user these Google packages: C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i com.google.android C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.chrome C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.youtube C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.vending etc.

Perhaps after replacing the uninstalled apps with their FOSS replacements.

1. A far better YouTube FOSS replacement is *NewPipe* by Schabi
    formatting link
  2. Chrome FOSS replacements are *Bromite*, *Chromium* or *Ungoogled Chromium*
    formatting link
    formatting link
    formatting link
  3. A Google Maps offline FOSS adjunct might be OSMAnd+ (aka OSMAND~)
    formatting link
    4. A GMail FOSS MUA replacement might be FairEmail or Mozilla K-9 Mail
    formatting link
    <https://k9mail.app/>5. A far better Google Play Store FOSS replacement client is Aurora
    formatting link
    etc.

But some people don't have adb running on their PC (I'm not sure why as adb provides sound and screen mirroring with use of the keyboard & mouse).

Others might not even have a PC.

Luckily, there is a "hack" that works, albeit it's a bit buggy in my humble opinion - but it does work and it has been improving since Android 9 where it relies on spoofing the wireless connection of a PC.

Local adb (ladb, by Tyler Nijmeh, aka tytydraco) uses "wireless debugging" to put you at Android to a local adb shell prompt of "adb shell" (without needing to establish a real connection of a PC via adb to Android).

formatting link
App purchase N/A anonymously
formatting link
Github LADB v2.2.1 build avail
formatting link
Wireless debugging pairing code
formatting link
LADB is a bit flaky at times
formatting link
This is the debugging process
formatting link
LADB will eventually work

Since I care greatly about interoperability between platforms, I've read almost everything on the Internet about ladb, but most people have not.

Hence I will first warn you that it may seem like you can't get a bona-fide free version of the APK if all you look at is the Google Play Store offering. *LADB* Local ADB Shell by tytydraco (aka Tyler Nijmeh) $3, ad free, requires gsf, 3.7star, 683 reviews, 10K+Downloads

formatting link

While the code is FOSS, the developer has "made a side deal" with us that he will provide the source but not a build of the APK, at least not directly.

formatting link

If you read the XDA-Developers' thread authored by Tyler Nijmeh, you'll see that he has provided a way to get it, for free, from Google Play Store, but I won't say more about that here (you'll have to read what he says).

Of course, this being Android, you can certainly get it from the many unofficial APK archives, but most of us shy away from them if possible.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
But often these are not timely builds (the latest release being v2.2.1).

And, given it's FOSS software, anyone can (and people do) build APKs.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
But sometimes, as shown above, they make it hard to find the download.

Luckily, kind-hearted people make timely builds available such as this one.

formatting link
formatting link

In summary, the official ladb can legitimately be obtained for free by a variety of sanctioned & unsanctioned methods, which, since I happen to know some of them, my kind-hearted soul wants others to benefit from my hard-earned knowledge.

One bit of hard-earned experience, by the way, was learned because I do not have a Google Account on my Android devices, and yet I have no problem downloading, saving, installing & updating _free_ APKs without ever needing to use the Google Play Store repository (I use a better client to the exact same Google Play Store repository instead).

My point of view is that if you're intelligent, there will never (or almost never for most people but never for me) be a need to pay for software on any adult OS platform, whether it's Windows or Android.

However...

A minor problem I found out was you can't use anonymous accounts for Google Play Store client payware, which has never, in all my years using Android, stymied me but it's a point to note since many people also have their no-rooted phones set up for privacy like I do (which almost always means there is no Google Account set up on it).

formatting link
Works better w/o Google
formatting link
No need for a Google Account
formatting link
App purchase N/A anonymously

REFERENCES:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

For example, here are the krispitech instructions from that last URL. a. After we open up LADB, bring the recent page to your smartphone. b. Tap on the LADB icon at the top and enable split screen mode. c. Then, tap on the settings application and open it at the bottom in the split screen mode. d. In the settings app, scroll down to the bottom and navigate to developer options. e. In developer options, scroll down and navigate for the wireless debugging option. f. By default the wireless debugging option is disabled. Tap on the toggle next to it to enable the option. g. Tap on the Wireless debugging option to open a new window where we can find the Pair device with pairing code option. h. Tap on Pair device with pairing code option to see the pairing code, IP address, and port number. i. Just type the WI-Fi pairing code on the LADB window in the box where it says pairing code. j. Next, type the port number in the LADB window. The Port number is the number after the colon below the IP address in the wireless debugging option and tap on Okay in the LADB window.

Reply to
Andy Burnelli
Loading thread data ...

Andy Burnelli hat am 02.04.2023 um 05:24 geschrieben:

Wouldn't it just be easier to use regular adb on a computer?

Reply to
Silvano

<snip>

Or spend the $2.99 to purchase LADB on the Play Store and support the developer.

Reply to
sms

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.