How can I find my Router name and Password?

I have a D-link router, Comcast Cable and Windows XP.

I am trying to setup a home network with Magic Network Setup program and at same time it asks for the name and password of my router.

Unfortunately I never wrote it down.

What do I have to do now?

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups
Loading thread data ...

What model of D-Link is it?

Danny,

Reply to
Danny Kile

Danny Kile wrote in news:8k_Hi.53429$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

All Dlink routers use dlink as their default name and no password. If you didn?t setup a name and password, the default should do it.

Reply to
Colin

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

I can not access it as suggested. I wrote down that some time ago I used as the name id my : snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (per suggestion from a D-link tech. person. But that does not work at this time and I wonder whether that is because now I am:

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net.

But using the latter also does not work.

I know that resetting it in the back will bring it back to factory settings but is that the route I should be going now???

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

On 2007-09-21, Comcast Newsgroups intrigued me by typing:

Why is the *Magic Network Setup program* asking you for the name and password of your router? If all of your networked PC's have at least Windows XP w/SP2, you don't need a third party app to assist you in setting up your home network. If your D-Link's DHCP to assign the IP addresses to your PC's and you have sharing enabled on those PC's, that is all you need. Still, if you need to gain access to your DI-624 to change the SSID or enable encryption, etcetera, then you may need to reset it. Anyway, let us know what happens. Take care. D624

Reply to
Doug Jamal

If you changed the User and Password from the default and you can not remember it, then your only course of action here is to reset it to factory defaults and start over.

The defaults Username is admin and the password is none.

See the following like for user/passwords.

formatting link
Danny,

Reply to
Danny Kile

I re-set the D-link to factory settings via pointer in back, then used ADMIN and all worked.

I like Network Magic because it does a lot of other things, is extremely user friendly and I can share now folder from either computer and print from either computer to one location.

I know one can achieve all these things separately with Windows XP but this is all very nicely arranged in 1 package.

Thanks for all the advice, though.

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.