[Q] How to unlock DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router?

Hi,

I got a DLink DVG-1402S VoIP router sitting on my desk as a paper weight unless someone out here knows the username/password to access the "Advanced" menu to unlock the VoIP part to use with other provider, i.e. FWD, asterisk, etc. Anyone?

Thanks.

-- Mazi

Reply to
Mazi
Loading thread data ...

Dunno if I can help but, have you taken it apart and seen what chips bios it uses?

Do you know if there is any firmware available?

If its anything like the wrt54gs then you might be able to put it into a dumb mode and tftp the latest firmware onto it and avoid the whole issue of figuring out what the password is..

(might want to google tftp and wrt54g on dumb mode)

m.

Mazi wrote:

Reply to
m

Well I don't sub to Lingo , but I do sub to Primus Talkbroadband, here in Canada. Same thing probably. My unit is an 1120M. But the password is "primusvoip".

Hope that helps eh!

subscribed to

paper weight

Reply to
B Nelson

Well, I did open one unit but don't remember which chipset it has. I reckon it is possible I can re-open the unit and take a snapshot to post it here if anyone is interested.

Originally, I posted here hoping someone who has this unit and subscribed to Lingo service will repond to post the username and password here for others to reset the unit. Well, it looks like this is not going to happen.

-- Mazi

Reply to
Mazi

Hi Nelson, Hi Nelson,

I appreciated your response and generouscity to share. Unfortunately, your information did not help. Your system is different from mine -- a D-Link DVG-1402S VoIP router -- where it asks for a "username" and "password" to get into the "Advanced" menu (where I suspect the VoIP setup is). In your case, you only needed the password without a username. BTW, what unit name/brand is your 1120M?

-- Mazi

Reply to
Mazi

Well, after doing much search on google, I found the username/password to unlock my unit. For those who also use this device, you can go and read the following link to get the username/password for your DVG-1042S VoIP router that has a firmware L4.0S34 and boot rom L4.0B03:

formatting link

-- Mazi

Reply to
Mazi

DVG-1120M

Unfortunately, your

"password" to

Reply to
B Nelson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.