Going totally wireless

I'm living in Corpus Christi, TX and the city is setting up city wide wireless access and I'm trying to go totally wireless. At this point I have been able to pick up the signal with an antenna jacked to my wireless card but it only works in certain parts of the house. I have been reading about WET11 and WAP11 but am still unclear as to how to set it up and if it will work for me.

At this point my understanding is this: I purchase both a WET11 and WAP11 and can set up the WET11 somewhere in my house where I have found a signal. Then I hardwire with CAT5 the WET11 to the WAP11 and thereby rebroadcast the signal to the rest of the house.

Am I simplifying this too much? Is there something I am missing? Does the wireless router the other end is using have to be a Linksys? Any help or comments would be much appreciated.

Reply to
alladvantage069
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.