Getting Sprint USB Wireless Network Adapter to work w/ Wireless Router

My friend at work pays for Sprint's wireless broadband service and has a Ovation U727 Novatel Wireless USB Adapter he plugs into his laptop to access the interent.

My boss will let him use his laptop and wireless adapter to use the internet, it's the only someone at our company can because access to the internet has be cut off for almost every department.

QUESTION: I have a laptop as well and would like to be able to access his connection by hooking up a wireless router to his computer. Is this possible, has someone else done it this way, and if yes what would be the best way of going about it?

I do have a USB to Ethernet adapter, but something tells me I'll need more than that to get it to work. HELP ME PLEASE!

Reply to
ishpur
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:37:58 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in :

He would need a wireless adapter in ad hoc mode and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Your wireless adapter would also need to be in ad hoc mode.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.