DD-WRT failure

I just upgraded an older version of DD-WRT in a WRT54G v2.0 and now it will not accept the default password "admin" after a hardware reset. Before I drive over this piece of junk, is there any way to regain control of it?

Reply to
Wide Load
Loading thread data ...

Am am new is this but did maybe this helps. You are sure you are connected and not looking at a cashed page in your browser are you? As fas as I understand you will be fine if the router respond. Even if that fails there are some pages for "unbricking" routers, in worst case scenario you have to open the router and all. You have to log on using "root" then the password "admin" while the original firmware use a blank log-on and admin as a password.

Reply to
Edmund

If you didn't reset the old preferences to defaults it may not let you back into it. The instructions do mention this.

Try the forums on

formatting link
for more help.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

notes.txt says "username = root" but when I tired it didn't work. After I read your post I tired again and it worked.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Wide Load

The flash was perfect, no reason to doubt otherwise.

notes.txt says the following: ah and note. Username = "root"

I tried this and it didn't work. When Edmund said what he said I tired it again and it worked.

Thanks for your response.

Reply to
Wide Load

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.