DD-WRT 24sp1 traffic monitor?

My ISP is in the process of placing restrictions on bandwidth consumption. I would like to know if there is a way in a Linksys WRT54G v3.1 running DD-WRT 24sp1 (Windows pick a version on the PC don't think it matters here) to see the total bytes in and out over a given time period (month). I saw a system that involves installing MytSQL but this seems overkill for what I want. This way I can see what the ISP claims and what my network actually seems to be doing rather than just take their word for it. I'm sure others have already run into this issue as it has been going on with various ISPs for a couple of years now. My LAN has several PCs so it seems to me the spot where all traffic passes through is the router. I have tried googling and maybe I'm asking the wrong question but I can't seem to find where this is addressed. I'm not after which computer is using the most bandwidth or any QOC issues I just want to measure overall bandwidth consumption for a month with an easy 'reset' on the first of a new billing cycle.

Thanks and I hope I have provided enough information.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico
Loading thread data ...

Have you looked at the "Status">>>"WAN" page to see if the "Traffic" listing is sufficient for your needs? "Total Traffic: This shows your router's Internet traffic since last reboot. Traffic by Month: This shows your router's Internet traffic by month. Drag the mouse over graph to see daily data. Data is stored in nvram."

Reply to
LR

DD-WRT v24-sp1 has WAN traffic counters "baked in". There is a page that has a graph showing daily in/out, monthly totals and the ability to review prior months. Mine has all of the WAN traffic data since September '08 when I flashed it to that version. I am using a Buffalo WHR-G54S.

Reply to
George

Thank you LR and George. This is my answer. I guess I missed that screen. Shows how observant I am.

Reply to
Rico

This is good. More bandwidth for the rest of us.

Yes. Any of the SNMP based tools will work. I've used MRTG, RRDTOOL, Link Logger, and others. Whatever works.

As others have mentioned, DD-WRT now includes traffic graphs. However, I don't like having to dive into the slooooooow web interface of the WRT54G in order to see the graphs.

formatting link

Search Google for "SNMP traffic monitor" or "Linksys traffic monitor".

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks for the suggestions!

Reply to
Rico

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.