D-Link and iTunes problem

After an evening of trying to work out why my D-Link wireless router had stopped connecting to AOL the helpful chaps at D-Link asked whether I had just upgraded iTunes.

I had upgraded iTunes a day or so previously and miraculously after uninstalling iTunes and reseting the router it worked fine. Apparently they've been quite busy on the D-Link techical line as a result of the latest iTunes becoming available!

The chap at D-Link talked me through some changes to my router settings and advised that I could now download iTunes again without it causing a problem.

As you will have noted, I am not profficient with the technical aspects of wireless routers but thought I would post my experience here in case it helped anyone out.

Reply to
topcat11uk
Loading thread data ...

The main change seemed to be in the network set-up screens where the DNS IP address was changed from automatically assigned to specific ones, which were something like:

4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3

I'm sure the router log had suggested some sort of DNS problem, not that I have the first clue what DNS actually is or does!

Reply to
topcat11uk

Yeah, apparently iTunes 5 is a real disaster. Anyone know where I can find 4.9 on the net?

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

topcat11uk a écrit :

Yep, I found that interesting. Do you by luck happen to know / be able to summarize what the "changes" in your router help with the recent itunes ?

Aphrael...

Reply to
Aphrael

itunes 5.01 was released today.

Reply to
nospam

Same thing with me when I set up a system on a friends PCs. Must say that D-Link support was the best I have ever come across. Very efficient and spot on!

Netgear however is completely another matter!!! Useless bunch! Julie

Reply to
Julie Meikle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.