BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI USB adaptor stopped being 'recognized'

"Steve H" hath wroth:

Well, you could just buy a PCMCIA 802.11g wireless device instead of messing with the USB problems.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Or could I? As I noted it does not look certain that the laptop would power even this device, though Jeff's 1000ma assurance makes this more likely? Worth a try though...

S

Reply to
Steve H

Update,

Discovered that my pocket hub had a socket for a power supply that had not been mentioned in the paperwork or spec, but FAQ on the Sitecom site told me my old router's power supply should be the right spec (5V 2.5A).

Initially powering up and plugging in the wirelsss adaptor looked promising, with the Buffalo showning up correctly in device manager, but several goes at starting the connection later it just popped up with the same 'error code

10' as before, and then dropped out to the yellow triangle, and then 'device unrecognized as before.

Interestingly, even when the device appeared correctly in device manager, it did not show up as the latest connection of said device in USBDeview?

As always, the adaptor continues to work just fine in the pc...

?

Cheers,

Reply to
Steve H

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.