ADSL wireless

Hello, My mother just bought Tuscali Broadband (in UK, cheapest option). She wants the advantage of a wireless connection though, so she'll need a ADSL-wireless router. Can anyone suggest a cheap cost-effective one?

Thanks.

Reply to
Makhno
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:28:40 +0000, Makhno wrote in :

"Cheap cost-effective" is an oxymoron.

Stick with the standard ADSL modem, and add a good (not cheap) standard wireless router (e.g., Buffalo Technology).

Reply to
John Navas

Not at all. It can be 'Expensive cost-effective'. Cost-effectiveness is just a ratio. Ferraris might be be cost-effective, but I can't afford one.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Buffalo.

Reply to
Makhno

Also consider ZyXEL ADSL wireless Routers, they are great and very stable ones.

formatting link

Panda,

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:17:47 +0000, Makhno wrote in :

Do you put no value on your time, quality of operation, or frustration? If so, then "cheap" is fine; if not, "cheap" has a negative connotation ("of low value") that's fundamentally inconsistent with "cost-effective". Perhaps you meant something more like "low cost" or "bargain"? "Cheap" is rarely "cost-effective" or a real "bargain".

The distinction is important because my recommendation would be different for "cheap" versus "cost-effective".

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.