BT Home Hub & Dlink 2100AP in Client Mode

Hi All;

Any help with the following would be great or point me to a good WiFi / Networking Forum to post on?

I have BT Broadband and a BT Home Hub, my main PC uses ethernet my son uses a MAC / BT Home Hub WiFi. I want to extend my WiFi network into my workshop about 15 metres away in order to connect more than one PC in the workshop to the LAN/Web.

In the workshop I want to connect to my LAN and the Web using a DLink 4 Port hub and a D Link 2100AP in Wireless Client mode is this possible?

I remember some time ago trying to do this before I set the 2100AP as a client and attached its to my Laptop, for some reason it would not pick up WiFi from the BT Home Hub but when I swapped the Home Hub for a Dlink G604T Router it worked fine? The BT Home Hub at this time was in the same room.

I cannot use the D Link router on this occasion as it is in use in my flat in London and I am in my home in Devon.

Many thanks and a Happy New Year

:(

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
JonnyAlpha
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.