Bridging question

I have the following configuration:

Cable Modem--> Netgear RT311 router -->Hub -->Dlink DWL900 AP 802.11b setup as an access point.

I am looking at upgrading my home security system to a service that supports alarm notification over a broadband connection

formatting link
You have to get a little adapter that takes an RJ11 phone line in from the alarm console and transforms it into IP out on an Ethernet port
formatting link
. I need to connect the network output of this device to my home network. However, the device is in an inaccessible place in the house, and I would have to run ~100' of cat5 to get to my hub - not to mention also some hole drilling through floors and such - not what I want to do. So, what sort of 802.11 device do I need to make a wireless bridge between my alarm adapter device and my access point? Do I just get another access point and program it as a bridge?

Thanks, Leor

Reply to
Leor Amikam
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.