Best WIFI cards for PC?

Hi

I have a Realtek 8180 WIFI card, and I am not so happy with it.

It is OK, but in my area there is so much WIFI traffic, that I often loose my connection.

What are good WIFI cards for PC?

I am runnning XP.

/JJ

Reply to
Jens Jakob Andersen
Loading thread data ...

Assuming the PC is a laptop, the Orinoco 8470-FC Gold is a great card. It is a B/G, has adjustable power output and you can connect an external antenna. I have an external that velcro's to my laptop video and gets great reception. They also have b/g/a s.

Reply to
Airhead

Assuming the PC is a laptop, the Orinoco 8470-FC Gold is a great card. It is a B/G, has adjustable power output and you can connect an external antenna. I have an external that velcro's to my laptop video and gets great reception. They also have b/g/a s. About 75.00 at ecost.com

Reply to
Airhead

Depends what speeds, I shall let you know on Belkins Pre-N card when I get it tomorrow, As I have a Pre-N router thought I may as well go the whole hog all round. 108mbs speed is more than enough for me atm :-)

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.