Belkin Router and PC card.

Could well be the phones .... or mobile phones, or microwave ovens.

Belkin and Firmware updates don't mix, they always seem about 18 months behind.

I have a similar setup, two desktops, one laptop with same adapter, and had the same problems. I can only run an open network, if I secure it in ANY way I get the above problems. Try a different wireless channel (default is 11) and see (it did mine) if that cures it, but forget security.

Reply to
Jack Ouzzi
Loading thread data ...

Have you got your router cabled to the desktop PC Pete? (in which case you don't need the card)

Reply to
Jack Ouzzi

Connection keeps failing after some time (sometimes as long as 6 hours, sometimes as short as 10 minutes) and then either needs card to be reset or PC to be restarted. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card in the PC and the royter firmware is newer than the Belkin sites firmware. My daughters laptop a Sony Vaio with an Intel 2200 wireless adapter sometimes has a similar problem. I have a couple of cordless phones around the house, can they be a problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pete D

Reply to
Pete D

If it's your pc to pc connection check Windows firewall. It has a habit of turning itself back on and it screws with networking.

Reply to
Nog

Hi Jack,

I have tried different channels and pretty much the same result, what channel did you find best?

I was also thinking that I will put the router in a more remote location so that the signals are not swamping each other.

Sometimes when the connection drops out I try and reconnect and it gomes up with not being able to find a wireless connection until I completely disable the connection and that is a pain in the behind.

Cheers.

Pete

Reply to
Pete D

Firewalling is turned off and I am using Zonealarm Pro on both machines.

Reply to
Pete D

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.