Belkin F5D7632uk4

Getting nowhere fast with Belkin tech support.

Using F5D7632uk4 ADSL modem and router and Win XP PC (SP2) wirelessly.

Connection to ISP fine. Signal strength to PC fine. Connect physically to back of router and no worriers. However, wirelessly, the connection is excellent in strength but drops every so often..... if i click repair it comes straight back but there seems to be no way of sustaining a long period of connectioj between the card and the router.

We have changed almost every setting twice and factory resent.... distance is no Issue as it is the same from the same room or the other side of the house. No issues with other networks, phones or microwave.

Are my expectations too high or should th kit run continuously?

Reply to
euanb
Loading thread data ...

I'm having an 'ongoing' with a similar problem ....... and yes Belkin support are hardly the best in the world.

HOWEVER ...... the modem/router is fine to my laptop (Intel Pro/100) BUT has the problems you describe to the Belkin FD7000 card in my other desktop (2 desktops - 1 laptop) the card PC connects .... well when it wants to for as long as it wants to and NEVER securely. As soon as I secure the network the Belkin card gives up ' Aquiring Network Address' which goes on for three weeks.

Yes I have updated the card software, Yes I have re-located / moved the card/PC (it's only 4 metres away)Yes I have unscrewed the ariel and re-fitted, Yes I have adjusted EVERY setting/channel area suggested, No it wont f...... work properly.

Yes I want my lifetime guarantee activated and the problem sorted, Yes I want someone from Belkin support who can speak English, who I can understand, and who can understand me, NO it's not a racist remark..

Any help?

Reply to
Jack Ouzzi

using the belkin wireless g desktop card.... that drops the connection more frequently than windows.

i have found that the connection is far more stable ditching the belkin card software and relying on windows to manage the connection....

Reply to
euanb

what card you using ? are you using Windows Zero (built in XP wifi functions) to run the card or the vendor's driver/software ?

windows seems to drop wireless connections regularly when its running the show. There's a check box somewhere to use the Vendor's software instead, if you have installed it.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Thompson

frequent dropouts do seem to be fairly standard with XP wireless, I wonder if there is a DHCP lease time or timeout setting or perhaps power management on the PC that influences it.

I have my Belkin DHCP lease time set to "forever" on the router.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Thompson

Yep I agree

Reply to
Jack Ouzzi

Yep me to ... no difference with either windoze or belkin running the show.

Crap card I reckon!!

Reply to
Jack Ouzzi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.