Belkin F5D8230-4 v2 & F5D8010 doesn't work. problem

Help!

I have replaced my Lynksys WRT54G router with a Belkin F5D8230. The router itself is working great and I am very happy with it but I cannot get the Belkin Pre-N card F5D8010 to work in my Sony Vaio FXA36. I have installed it with the latest drivers and the installation program claims everything installed correctly. When I plug the card in it is assigned an IP address and the DNS and GATEWAY are both the IP address of the router. I can ping both local and remote sites but if I try and bring up any web site or browse local shares it doesn't work however ping still works. If I plug in my old Linksys wireless card everything works again.

Securty is enabled with WPA

On another note, it appears that the signal strength is much lower with the Belkin Pre-N card vs the Linksys card.

Sorry to be long winded but I want to provide as much detail as possible in hopes some of you have some idea as to what the problem may be.

Thanks Oscar

Reply to
Oscar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.