Belkin F5D 7050 USB Network Adapter

Belkin F5D 7050 USB Network Adapter (version 3002)

This is the third stick I have.

First would light up (green light) but the computer would not recognize the device nor connect to the Buffalo WHR HP G54 which works fine and has been for near a year with all other computers including a couple of Macs.

Second was DOA

Third was recognized but would not light up.

Support tells me it has the wrong driver. System says everything is up to date.

The green light will not come on, the system says the device is there but the computer cannot talk to the device.

Support is a long hold, mostly folk that cannot articulate or comprehend English.

Finally reached level three (who reportedly are native English speaker, going on the third day waiting for return phone call.

I'd dump this device in a second if I had the option but I don't

BTW I tied this on two XP boxes and on Vista no joy. (all have the latest updates)

Back to XP as my only box to play with. (XP works with the wire NIC)

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Reply to
NotMe
Loading thread data ...

The only solution is a different USB device.

I went through a couple. Their lifetime warranty apparently only applies if the unit doesn't present any lights, which can be arranged.

It's always "the drivers" at fault.

Sure. Junk. pure junk.

Reply to
dold

Got it working!!

First seems that Belkin wireless devices have drives for XP SP2 but NONE have drives for XP SP3.

Ralink {

formatting link
} the folk that make the chips sets for most (all?) the Belkin wireless hardware have new drivers for their chip sets available on line.

An aside: seems that F5D 7050 draws a fair amout of power. Most USB exteranl hubs (at lease all the ones I have) don't have sufficent power available to power the F5D 7050 directly. I had to plug mine into the box diretly to make it work.

Reply to
NotMe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.