Asus WL-520gC

Hi folks,

Just looking for some opinions on the Asus WL-520gC. It supports WDS which is something I'm looking for, and over here it's dirt cheap (currently $49AUD a unit). I'm thinking of picking up two and using WDS to have one acting as a repeater downstairs. Has anyone had any experience with this router? I'm starting to think that it may be a dud considering how cheaply it's being sold.

I've survived quite nicely with a Netcomm NB5540 (has no detachable antennas at all) so far, so I don't really need a feature-packed unit, just one that works, can be easily bridged, and is reasonably inexpensive.

Cheers, any suggestions welcome.

Reply to
David Fairbrother
Loading thread data ...

There doesn't appear to be any decent reviews on this item. Asus have their own forum with a few entries:-

In the past I used to have a look at the whirlpool forums as I used a few linksys items and it used to a good source of info.There doesn't appear to many questions about the 520gC at the moment but it might be worth asking there as it is a net.au and someone may know of any peculiarities of it's use in Australia. At one point there was a firmware upgrade specific to users in Oz.

formatting link

Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.