877 adsl capacity

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Cisco 877W type router - the specs on cisco say the following:

ST-Micro DynaMiTe (formerly Alcatel Micro Electronics) ADSL Chipset (20190)

· T1.413 ANSI ADSL DMT issue 2 · G.992.1 ITU G.DMT support · G.992.3 ITU G.hs ADSL type negotiation · G.992.3 (ADSL 2)/G.992.5 (ADSL2+) · DSL Forum TR-067 The chipset does not provide interoperability with carrierless amplitude modulation/phase modulation (CAP)-based ADSL lines.

I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity or do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum allowed is?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jamie

Reply to
jamie
Loading thread data ...

According to the Cisco router performance sheet it can CEF switch at a rate of 25000 pps (64 byte packets). That comes out to ~12Mbps so it sounds like your OK. These numbers seem to be pretty much inline with what we've tested in the lab.

Reply to
Neil Cherry

Perfect - thank you!

J
Reply to
jamie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.