11, 54, 108 mbs ??

If i have a 1meg broadband coming into my house then it won'r matter which network adaptor i get a 11mb router/adaptor will be fine right ?

Reply to
SirRinket
Loading thread data ...

Right. The broadband connection is usually the slow link. With 3Mbps broadband speed, the broadband link begins to approach the wireless link speed, if WEP encryption is being used on the wireless.

The G stuff is pretty cheap, and usually offers WPA encryption, so there's not much point in getting B as brand new kit now.

Also, if you have multiple wireless users, and you want to share anything between them, you are sharing the wireless bandwidth.

Reply to
dold

snipped-for-privacy@widdler.com (SirRinket) wrote in news:Wvs9e.19510$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

That's the limiting speed of your wirless machines to the Internet, but if you do machine-to-machine transfers on your internal network, a faster wireless connection will be useful.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.