IP Printing over VPN

I have a gateway to gateway VPN set up between our main and remote offices using Symantec 460 VPN appliances. These networks are on different subnets, x.x.233.x and x.x.234.x. I am tring to print from our main office (x.x.233.x) directly to an IP Printer (x.x.234.101) at the remote office. I added a printer driver in windows machine at main office with TCP/IP port of the printer, but test page will not print. We have a workgroup with win2000 machines all around. I can ping and telnet directly to pritner directly, tested ports 9100 and 515, which are open to traffic. I have tried every combination of driver setting with no luck. Any Ideas?

Reply to
gar13
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Kirk Goins

Yes Pritner has default gateway set to the VPN appliance at the remote office.(x.x.234.1). I do not have a WINS server running, as I only use IP addresses. Also, I do not have file browsing setup across the VPN. Do I need these in order for printing to work?

Reply to
gar13

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.