Latest threads in Voice-Over-IPshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

display forwarding phone # in Caller ID when multiringing - Can any voip service do this?
I am curious if any voip service such as vonage, packet8, broadvoice, etc can do the following: When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display in the caller id of the other phone...

my BroadVoice experience
I've heard lots of bad things about BroadVoice but I am looking for incoming PSTN service so I thought I'd try them. They have "unlimited" incoming calls on all of their plans. Even though they are...

services for homeless people?
In looking at lots of PSTN interconnection providers recently it strikes me that it might be reasonable to provide VoIP "courtesy phones" in public locations for people who need to get in touch with...

Alcatel 4035 with 4098 Fast IP Enabler
I am trying to hook up one of these phones to an Asterisk box but have no documentation and so am working completely in the dark. When the phone boots up I can see it requesting a file called from my...

GSM (RF) gateways for Asterisk?
It looks like there's at least one standalone GSM VoIP gateway I haven't found anyone selling them. Is there any support in Asterisk for GSM hardware? I'd like to use my Option Globetrotter GSM card...

good way to search for DID service?
Now that I have found a couple of good outgoing PSTN providers I want to get incoming service. I'd like to use a provider who will be able to port my old number (765-497, West Lafayette, IN) once I...

Quintum Configuration
Hi, Need some help, my Quintum AXM 800 was configured with the IVR, and now i have no IVR when i use the FXO line, i need how to configure the quintum that i can use Called ID detection for ANI type...

my Asterisk/VoicePulse experience
I've mentioned a couple of times that I haven't been able to use my VoicePulse account. I just got some help with it and the problem was completely on my end. (I'd looked at too many old config files...

Free World Dialup
I have a Cisco 7960G with the SIP 7.1 loaded. When I configure the phone with FWD settings, I do not seem to be able to make phone calls behind a adsl modem and a broadband reouter. Any suggestions?...

Asterik - Anybody Use?
Hey Group, Hope your all well? I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability? Also if I have a...

Re: Is Nufone going out of business???
I'm often told not to judge a company by their Web pages and business practices. Still seems like a good indication though. I have a friend who is *very* knowledgeable about VoIP who has strongly...

Adding/Changing Ringtones on a Cisco 7905G/7912G with SIP Firmware?
Hello all, I'm in the process of deploying the Asterisk VoIP PBX where I work. I have evaluated a few phones, and eventually decided on the Cisco 7940G and Cisco 7912G. Because there are many people...

I'm still looking for an auto-answer speakerphone.
About a year ago I was gung-ho about VoIP and wanted to switch my home to it. Before doing so, I need to replicate the intercom/ paging functionality of my cheapo AT&T system. I asked about VoIP...

Valuable Guidance needed for VoIP(SIP) implementation.
Hello, I am Electronics & Communication Engineer, Though Right Now I am Unemployed, BUT I am keenly interested in VoIP platform and made up my mind to make my carrer in VoIP field.I know "C" Language....

RED HAT LINUX vs LINUX SUSE
I HAVE SOME SOURCE CODE WRITTEN IN C for SIP(GNU osip code), WHICH HAVE EXTENSIONS LIKE i386, rpm, etc.. so willl thise files will run only on RED HAT LINUX OR WILL THEY WORK ON LINUX SUSE ALSO. AMIT