good way to search for DID service?

Reply to
Roy
Loading thread data ...

Now that I have found a couple of good outgoing PSTN providers I want to get incoming service. I'd like to use a provider who will be able to port my old number (765-497, West Lafayette, IN) once I decide to drop my hard line.

The "consumer" services (Vonage, Packet8, Callvantage) appear to have rate centers here but their packages start at $20. They include lots of stuff I don't want including, I expect, some limitations on how I make outgoing calls. (Can I simultaneously call two PSTN lines upon getting an incoming call?)

I'd rather just find someone to provide basic incoming service but the providers I've found don't have rate centers here. It's not always easy to find these lists so maybe I'm missing some. Is there a compilation somewhere?

Thank you.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

I haven't found anyone local to me either, but there is a group calling themselves IPKALL

formatting link
that gives free (inbound-only) DID's out of Washington State. (I'm guessing that they live off of the settlements the LD phone companies have to pay for terminating a call,)

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

There are others. I recommend this list.

formatting link
I've gone through all of the "Asterisk to/from PSTN services" and "VOIP to/from PSTN services" listings. Whew! That took awhile.

Now I'm thinking about doing my own gateway through GSM. At least I can get GSM service here. (See my other post.)

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.