Latest threads in Voice-Over-IPshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vonage: What DSCP or ToS Values?
Has anyone figured out what Ip Precendence/ToS/DSCP values the vonage ATA186 bearer traffic uses? I want to map the bearer packets to a LLQ and was expecting them to be "ip precedence 5" but that does...

Sky Digibox with Analog Telephone Adapter?
Has anyone tried/been successful interfacing a Sky Digibox with an Analog Telephone Adapter in order to run the Freephone link back to UK over VoIP?

People who have signed up for VOIP service needed for SF Bay Area focus group
Hello, If you've signed up for a VOIP service, you live in the Bay Area, you'd like to share your opinions in a focus group on the evenings of August 25 or 26, and you'd like $75 for doing so, please...

pstn fax -> VoIP -> pots fax machine? Opinions?
Comments please for how well this will work: Can a VoIP gateway (or service provider) take fax calls onto VoIP, and then for me to convert back to then deliver to an old analog (POTS) fax machine,...

NICSTEL Brand VoIP Device
Is there any 'NICSTEL' brand VoIP equipments user? How about comments?

Can Vonage ATA receive calls from softphones like SJPhone
I tried getting to the configuration settings of my Cisco ATA 186 but its locked and couldn't unlock. The firmware is 1.2 Apr 2003 and its factory reset sets the vonage password again and nothing...

VoIP bandwidth
Hi cdv! How much traffic is caused by VoIP? I know that there are many codecs in use therefore I give you some more information: I'm working with the German 'Fritz!Box Fon' and plan to use as VoIP...

No Collect Calls with TW Digital Phones
I'm in Kansas City, Kansas. I just did two and a quarter days in jail. I bonded out, but I probably could have gotten things going faster if my home phone could have accepted collect calls. I then...

SIP evesdropping/security
For SIP: Is there a secure version? Can SIP calls be evesdropped by someone else on the lan or internet?? Is there an encrypted version? Thanks, Martin

Residential VOIP newbie questions
Hi, I'm looking at getting a Vonage phone line for my 1.5/768 ADSL circuit. I'm completely new to VOIP though and have some questions: 1) How is the voice quality? Is it closer to cell-phone quality...

Send PSTN signal over IP?
Ok, What i'm looking to do is have my office phone be able to ring at my home office. I've thought about forwarding and other services through the telco but don't think they'll really suit my needs....

How to call a vonage phone from PC
I have my phone service from Vonage. Can someone tell me if my phone could receive calls from PC? If so, how to make it work? I am new to VoIP and would like to learn more about how to accomplish...

sample application of h323 in VC++ (dialog based)
Hi i am mujtaba working on h323 programming. Currently i m facing difficulty while using h323 liberaries in VC++6. Could anybody plz help me out, any source code or information. thanking in advance....

OKI VB1250
Hi everyone I've got a weird problem with my OKI VB1250 GW. One of my employees has been fooling around with the equipment and now it seems to be completely invisible. It boots normally (leds light as...

A calling card type of a solution needed
I have two telephone lines at a location - one a US telephone number and the other one a Indian telephone number. I need a device which would allow users connected through the US line to be able to...