GSM (RF) gateways for Asterisk?

It looks like there's at least one standalone GSM VoIP gateway

formatting link
I haven't found anyone selling them.

Is there any support in Asterisk for GSM hardware? I'd like to use my Option Globetrotter GSM card

formatting link
my SE T68i over Bluetooth or data cable.

It looks like work has started on a Bluetooth channel

formatting link
what about hardwired GSM devices?

Thank you.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird
Loading thread data ...

Oh! It looks like there's something new (to me) for this.

formatting link
supports both wired and Bluetooth connections. This at least means it can be done.

I might try one but I'd rather avoid the analog conversion step (using another FXO).

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

There some information on connecting Asterisk to GSM and Bluetooth here:

formatting link

Reply to
James H. Thompson

In response to my query about Option GSM cards handling digital voice streams, I received this. > Do any of your GSM cards support *digital* voice calls > (not through the analog port)?

No, our cards are data only.

That's an odd response. Their cards certainly do handle voice. I've made voice calls on mine. There's an analog headset port for this.

I assume that this just means that they don't have the firmware to make voice data available. Too bad.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Hi I'm Vincent from QuesCom

QuesCom is The IP/GSM manufacturer. We have an all-in-1 box that can handle up to 12 VoIP to GSM calls in 1U. You can stack or dispatch the gateways to go up to 60 GSM channels as a single H.323 device. We are also SIP compatible.

It works with numerous iPBX as well as VoIP gateways and gatekeepers.

Already deployed with :

- Avaya, Cisco, Nortel?

- Quintum, UAI?

- Aqua, Asterisk, GNU GK, OPEN GK?

Remote tests available.

Please go to

formatting link
for more information.

I would be glad to answer further questions. You can call me at +33 4

97 23 48 56, or send me emails at snipped-for-privacy@quescom.com

Hope it is usefull Vincent

Reply to
Vincent Brault

I see that QuesCom claims to be "THE ONLY GSM GATEWAY FOR IP TELEPHONY ENVIRONMENTS". Does this mean it makes the GSM/VoIP gateways sold by other companies? Does it sell the smaller (one and two line) units?

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Kyler,

It means currently, we do have the only product that does not need to add a VoIP gateway. The DSPs and the software attached is native. I am sure our competitor are working to get those kind of solutions...

Our range of product have 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 SIM channels in 1U.

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent Brault

So what is it about the product I posted earlier in this thread

formatting link
doesn't fit that description?

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.