Adding/Changing Ringtones on a Cisco 7905G/7912G with SIP Firmware?

Hello all, I'm in the process of deploying the Asterisk VoIP PBX where I work. I have evaluated a few phones, and eventually decided on the Cisco 7940G and Cisco 7912G. Because there are many people that sit relatively closely, I feel it is important that the phones have several different ring tones to choose from so employees can assign a unique ringtone to their phone. On the Cisco 7940 phones I accomplished this by creating a RINGLIST.DAT with the ringtones, and placing that, along with the rings themselves, on the TFTP server. This same configuration does not seem to work on the Cisco 7905G I have in my posession (and presumably the 7912G's which I have not ordered yet, as they are 99% same as the 7905G). The phone never requests RINGLIST.DAT from my TFTP server and do not display the ringers I have specified. The Cisco 7905G phone I have does have a menu option for Ring Types, but only one ringer is available to choose in that menu. Because this menu option exists, I would think it is possible to add more. However, I have not found any documentation on how to add more Ring Tones. If anyone knows how to do it, I would appreciate it if they are willing to help me.

Thank you, Eric Kotz snipped-for-privacy@erickotz.com

Reply to
Eric Kotz
Loading thread data ...

Eric, I have done this on the 7905 phone in a Callmanager express environment but the idea should be the same. The 7905G phones want the RINGLIST file to be in XML format and it downloads it fine...Obviuosly the raw files (ring tones) for the RINGLIST must be in the same directory.

Reply to
Adrian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.