who knows the VoIP service of BT

I do not know a whole lot about bt. I researched some services before I decided on Sunrocket. And since then, I have not looked back. Right now, my service offers the lowest cost per month out of any provider. Compared to my old service, I am saving about $30 a month... here is the website if you are interested:

formatting link

Reply to
masonboro_island
Loading thread data ...

Hello all,

I would like to know the opinion of somebody about the VoIP service of BT. I knew it in the web:

formatting link
Best regards: R.

Reply to
Ramón

BT VoIP is a rip off (no surprise there). You pay a monthly rental on top of your ADSL for ever and ever, and as they don't use industry std. SIP you would be stuck with them. Anyone calling you gets overcharged too !

Have look at sipgate.co.uk, there is no rental and you get a FREE UK geographical number, choice of most exchanges. Their prices are OK, except for mobiles. No calls to 0700 / 0870 / 0845 / 09 Nos though. You can set you self up with a Free World Dialup service too, which allows

0800 numbers. Regards, Martin
Reply to
Martin²

They use industry-standard-but-not-as-widespread MGCP.

"It's great, but just limit what numbers you want to call".

BBV account types are tied to standard BT Together account types - so you also get unmetered-for-1-hour calls et al.

Signing up to BBV is also one of the cheapest way of getting a proper ATA too, with the BT service thrown in for free ...

Reply to
Gareth Babb

To be fair, you do get several additional calling features such as voicemail and call redirection with BT for that monthly fee. Sipgate don't offer any of those, even for an extra fee.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Blunt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.