Which adapter for Vonage?

Folks,

Is there a difference (as far as phone adapter features are conrecened) between Linksys PAP2 and WRT54GP2?

I already have Netgear wireless router and would prefer to buy PAP2 if there is no difference in phone adapter features between the two.

Circuit City has PAP2 free after rebates.

Reply to
Hemant Shah
Loading thread data ...

stay away from the linksys stuff all together. Vonage is no longer shipping them - they had problems. Use the motorola or cisco ATA's.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

They won't ship Cisco ATAs out either anymore :(

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Thanks for the info. When I talked with Vonage support they told me they they would ship me Linksys router (wired). I already have a wireless network at home so I asked if they would send me wireless router. The guy told me that they do not ship wireless router (WRT54GP2) it could only be bought at the retail stores.

Then when I went to circuit city I found PAP2 free after rebates. I will call vonage and ask if they would ship Motorola instead.

If I want to buy it where can I buy Cicso or Motorola phone adapters?

Reply to
Hemant Shah

That doesn't surprise me at all, I had a Linksys wireless router and it was the most ghastly piece of $£%^& .... sorry, rant over

Reply to
maxi

Thanks for the warning. Yesterday I went to Radio Shack and bought Motorola ATA. I was was to connect it to my router and was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

Reply to
Hemant Shah

Same here. Avoid at all costs.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Thanks for asking - I had been meaning to withdraw this bit of misdirected corporate slander. It's D-Link that must be avoided at all costs, I was tired and sloppy. Everyone go out and buy Linksys stuff.

And the reason why all people everywhere must avoid D-Link is because of my personal grudge against them over the DWL-G730AP pocket wireless access point, which doesn't work at all (drops the connection once per minute) and the fact that their help desk has been no help at all in dealing with it. Nice people, but no help at all.

I've done my part just yesterday, when I spent 25% more on a DSL modem from SMC (which works great, by the way) rather than spending anything with D-Link. So given that demonstrated level of commitment I surely expect everyone else to join the effort.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

I just have to express my hatrid for D-Link is well I have a D-Link DI-704P, it's crap, crashing, no more support, etc. I also have a DI530TX NIC, it's crap too, very slow.

Linksys WRT54GS with custom firmware is the way to go :D

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.