About the Linksys "Vonage" 2-port Phone Adapter

I just purchased the Linksys Phone Adapter with 2 Ports for Voice-over-IP.

I intend to try it with the Vonage service, but I'd like to use it with my own Asterisk PBX as well.

I assume that this is not a Vonage-specific product.

Has anybody out there tried it? Any comments?

The manual is geared towards very naive users, and it doesn't tell me how to access the phone from a SIP server ( snipped-for-privacy@host.domain?), how to register, etc.

Thanks for any tips and pointers...

-Ramon F Herrera

ps: the Model is PAP2.

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera
Loading thread data ...

You assume wrong. The box you bought is almost always sold at an artifically low price, to be made up from the monthly fee you pay whatever VoIP provider subsidized it, usually Vonage. It's similar to the $30 cell phone that would cost $200 without a contract for a year's cell service.

If you want to use Vonage for outside calls from Asterisk, I gather that it's not hard to reverse engineer the second line softphone that Vonage offers, but their hardware is rarely cracked.

R's, John

Reply to
John R. Levine

Google for PAP2-NA and see voxilla.com

It is available "unlocked" but you may find the web interface is turned off or has an admin password in the Vonage implementation.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Thompson

Wow! I got it hardware reset :D

PAP2 is very similar to SPA 2000.

Sekhar.

Reply to
Sekhar

Curious minds want to know, How did you get it to reset? is there a clear-all jumper on the motherboard?

My first guess would have been that one needed to make a j-tag adaptor and reset the predefined settings that way. I'll bet most items these days can be reset / programmed this way.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bonnet.wsrcc.com...

Usually with a reset button, accessed with a pencil tip or something. OR, if you do have the IP address and the pasword, there usually is a factory reset choice on the menus.

Reply to
John S.

or type RESET on the phone keypad with the IVR menu.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Thompson

Then hit the RETURN key.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Neither does PAP2 allow you to do a hardware reset through a hidden switch accessible to a pencil nor allow you to punch in FACTRESET from your telephone pluged into it.

This is how I did a reset on my PAP2: I opened the box to find a two pin jumper for three pins available on the board. I kept the device ON, (I used NONSTATIC gloves) pluged off the jumper from the second and the third pins and connected it to the first and second pins. Then I punched in "****" and "FACTRESET" and then "1" on the telephone connected to the PAP2. It announced that it did RESET successfully. I then switched of the PAP2 and reverted the jumper back to its second and third pin position and closed the box. I had the PAP2 unlocked!

Goodluck!

Sekhar.

Reply to
Sekhar

And on the telephone keypad, which key is that?

Reply to
John S.

Thanks! I saw a bunch of jumpers on in SPA-3000 and wondered what they did. Its nice to know that if I ever lock myself out I can clear things again.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

Where are said jumpers? Looking at pictures posted and mine, there are no jumpers that I can apparently see.

Sekhar wrote:

Reply to
/dev/null/

... I cant saw jumpers in PAP2 VON. Please post a picture looking the jumpers.

Thesm

Reply to
Thesm

formatting link
Look at picture anda said where=B4s the junmper ?

Reply to
Thesm

Hi, Did you get thet aswer? Where is that pins? is it v34?

Thesm wrote:

Reply to
B.Rakanovic

V34 (or U34) looks like a dummy grounding post. Looking at both sides of the board, it's not connected to anything.

Reply to
/dev/null/

So, has anyone been able to find the jumpers on the PAP2 board? Thanks.

Reply to
haydenisland

Reply to
docsousa

It looks like no jumer is really needed any longer. If you simply pick up the line and wait thru all of the prompts and then the anoying busy tones, at the end the busy tone will get louder for a few tones and then silence. Now dial **** after which you will here "Configuration Menu, bla bla bla" now dial 73738#. This is were I am it asks for a password? I have tried the serial # the MAC and a variety of other guesses. I am thinking about hooking up my laptop and writing a little app. Anyone have any insight on this password. It's not "ADMIN" either.

Reply to
docsousa

The jumper would only be needed to do a factory reset if you do not have the password. The question is: Where is the jumper on that board?

Reply to
haydenisland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.