Want to Use Existing House Wiring ... however a simple test fails

I've just signed-up with Sunrocket (too early to give an accurate opinion, but so far no problems (knock wood!)) and would like to eventually use the existing house wiring.

As a simple test, I first wanted to see and expected the "gizmo" (what sunrocket calls the device) would work if I plug two separate phones into the single gizmo jack using a dual phone jack adapter. But both phones didn't work! If I unplug either one of them from the adapter, the connected phone works.

The reason I'm testing in this way is because I ultimately would like to use the existing house wiring (yes I know I would need to make sure the house wiring is no longer connected to the land-based provider). So I thought a simple test like I described above would work.

Note: I know the dual jack adapter is working fine, as well both phones because I'm still able to test this configuration on my landline phone (landline service hasn't been cancelled yet).

All I'm basically doing is "splitting" the phone line connected to the gizmo and attaching two separate phones, and expecting both phones to work. What am I missing here in my assumption ??????

Reply to
cpurvis3
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.