Vonage no dial tone

Hi,

I am trying to connect my vonage adaptor ( linksys) I can connect to the internet but I dont get a dialtone. THe lights on the adaptor are as follows: Power solid green, Ethernet port 1 blinks when there is internet activity, phone 1& 2 come on about every 30 seconds and blink once( both of them at the same time), internet light blinks rapidly on and off. I have left many emails at vonage but till now no response. I am connecting thru a motorola surfboard modem.

Please respond to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I appreicate the help

Victor

Reply to
chuchubi
Loading thread data ...

Hi Victor,

You may want to investigate the Vonage Knowledge Base:

formatting link
When you need to speak to a LIVE person at Vonage always call between

1:00AM and 6:00AM EST.

732-650-6699

You will get a LIVE person immediately between those times.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Do you have a router? Do you have 1 and only 1 phone currently connected to the Adaptor?

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Is the modem connected to your computer via a USB cable or ethernet ? Are you using a Linksys RT31P2 router / phone adapter ? Does the modem connect to the phone adapter wan port and then your computer ? Which Cable Company are you connected to ?

Reply to
Stanley Reynolds

Most likely they (Vonage) do not have your router in their database. You will need to call them and have them add it in. I had the same problem when my original router went up in smoke. I went to circuit city, bought a new one and hooked it up and 'no dialtone'. I called them, they changed their database to point my number from my old router to the new and BOOM, dialtone in about 5 minutes (after a reset).....

Should not be a big deal.... My Vonage service has been great so far after about 8 months..

Reply to
theleeper

After I added a linksys wrt54g router and made the changes in the vonage owners manual and the quality of service changes on the Linksys website service has been great.

Reply to
konrad.haskins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.