How do I cancel Vonage?

I've been stuck in their hold queue for hours. I have tried on many days. Is there a real customer support number? or must you always call their tech support lines, which want to fix the problem. Then after a half hour of arguing (always polite) they transfer the call to 'customer service" which never answers and is only open 9 to 6 Pacific time. (Not even clear if it is US Pacific time or some other country).

Reply to
Pat Farrell
Loading thread data ...

You have to phone -- Although if you fax the request, with a signature, then perform a charge back if they attempt to charge your credit card again, they'll eventually terminate you for non-payment.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Can't you just tell your credit card company to deny the charge?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I think you have to change your name, move, leave all your friends behind and live in fear that someday they *will* find you. Much like what happens when you subscribe just once to the LA Times... they keep at you, relentless lot they are, until you renew. Or die. And even the latter won't guarantee that crypt delivery won't continue...

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Good luck with this. I switched to TWC's Digital Phone from Vonage in early February and I'm still getting billed from them. Time Warner reimburses me every time but it's getting a little old.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Holcomb

Send a note to Vonage and copy the SEC. Maybe that will get their attention since they are probably booking revenue improperly and overstating subscriber counts.

Reply to
Joe Chisolm

I would do the following:

1. Send certified, return-receipt letter stating cancellation;
  2. Send copy of said letter to State Attorney general and state Commerce Commission and Consumer protection office with details of atttempts to cancel;
  3. Take copies of all of the above to my bank (or credit card comnpany) with demand to deny any/all charges from said company;

If your bank pays any demand notice from them, go after your bank. Your credit card company should be more responsive - just request a chargeback as well.

I haven't tried to cancel Vonage, but I did have to deal with another slime company who refused to stop billing me despite 3 clear statements to cancel.

-Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Adams

Vonage has fast become a company with very poor customer service. Probably because they outsource to India. Anyway here is the phone number to the executive help team for Vonage. Hopefully they can help you cancel. I'll be canceling very soon myself. I will also be canceling my credit card because I have read of numerous people having fraudulent charges placed on their cards after trying to cancel Vonage.

1-888-580-4020. Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

All of the above are just dandy, but with the new rules about who is authorized to make changes in your account, they cannot accept certified mail to do it!

Best way I have found is to call your new phone company, have them initiate a conference call to the old one and get it all fixed up. But even that backfired in my case!

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Except that I now have proof that I did try to cancel (documented in the letter), proof that they KNOW I want to cancel and thus they are committing fraud when they try to charge me.

The point of the letter is to setup the legal case, and to give the State Attorney General, the State Commerce Comission and the State Consumer Protection Office the proof they need that you made every good faith effort to cancel.

And the you simply stop paying them. They can come after you all you want, and you can prove to any legal authority and any credit bureau that you canceled. If they report you to TRW, Trans Union or one of the other Credit Reporting Agencies because they billed you after they cancel, you can nail them under Federal Law, no matter what their supposed contract with you says about disputes.

If it were me, I'd switch the billing to a credit card if it wasn't already there, wait one billing cycle, then report the card lost. The credit card company will reject any future charges on that card number/expiration date combo.

And I'd do the above stuff, too. Let them try to come after me. They won't get anywhere, and if they try, they'll be in violation of several Federal laws...

-Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Adams

Absolutely! That'll give you standing for back credit. Often the

1stline phone people can only give you a partial month credit.

Nice in theory, but if they ding your credit report that is much more RED TAPE than you want to deal with I betcha. Don't let it go there.

That'll work, if you have cards to burn ;-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

After you have cancelled, please look at

formatting link
for better choices than VONAGE. Packet8, there, is one of the better providers.

Thanks for the post about Vonage.

Lloyd Colston Pryor, OK

Reply to
lloyd

Vonage 888-250-1799 Direct to human.

Source

formatting link
After you have cancelled, please look at
formatting link
for better choices than VONAGE. Packet8, there, is one of the better providers.

Thanks for the post about Vonage.

Lloyd Colston Pryor, OK

Reply to
kc5fm
[Did I attibute that wrong?]

Many cards will allow you to generate one-time use numbers for potentially dodgy transactions. [Getting refunds to those numbers is a bit more work, but that's a rathole.]

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Thanks for the tip about gethuman.com. It will come in handy.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams

Thanks for the info. However Vonage has really turned me off to VOIP. I don't think I'll be signing up for it again.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M
[snip]

Why..? Would you let a bad experience in a Ford put you off buying a VW..? There are plenty of good providers out there that aren't as rubbish as Vonage.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

They're all too busy trying to keep their stock price from falling any lower to speak to you. :)

Reply to
B. Wright

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.