call transfer question (Vonage)

I have a question about transferring a call with Vonage service. If someone calls me locally, and I then transfer the call to a long distance number and hang up. does the person that called me locally then have to pay long distance since I'm no longer in the loop?

My guess it that it's still going through me so there should not be a charge, but I need to be sure.

Is the call still going through voip after I transfer the call to another number and then hang up?

Thanks....

Reply to
Martin G.1.0
Loading thread data ...

That's right.

Hard to say, the call is going from the original caller to Vonage, and from Vonage back out to the third person, but you can't tell if there's a VoIP hop in there since it's not going over the net from Vonage to you.

Reply to
John R. Levine

A caller only pays the bill from their location to the number they dialed. Period. Anything the recipient does with the call is up to the recipient (you, in this case)

Reply to
DevilsPGD

No they do not. Their phone company is concerned only with what number they terminated their call to (in this case your presumably-local number). Since Vonage is still handling the call routing to the long-distance leg of the call, your local caller's phone company is none the wiser.

You are correct.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.