Pulver Communicator

I have just downloaded the Pulver Communicator and as I already use Skype I understand I can use it via the Communicator. However, what is more interesting is that I am told I can make PC to Phone calls free throughout the world via my Broadband connection, is this true and if so what is the first action I must take to make a PC to Phone call as I cannot see how it works.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt
Loading thread data ...

Derrick Fawsitt skrev:

Try here!

formatting link
Svein

Reply to
spamfilter

In message , spamfilter writes

Thank you Svein but I know about Skypeout, it works by putting up front some credit with Skype so you can make PC to Phone calls as an internal "closed" Skype thing, what I want to know about is the other one, "free world dialup" which says you can make "free", i.e. no cost calls to land lines, what I want to know is, is that correct.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt

I wouldn't think so, they have to make their money somewhere, I doubt they allow free calls to normal landlines. I use Sipgate

formatting link
here in the UK and I can call other Sipgate users free, I can call Free World Dialup and some other VoIP networks free also, but to call the public phone network requires credit in the same way as Skypeout - there's no such thing as a free lunch, you have to pay to call normal phones..!

BTW if you get connected to FWD give me a call, you can do so for free by dialling the prefix code **777 and then my Sipgate number (email me for it, see my signature).

Reply to
Ivor Jones
[...]

Actually there is a sibling project,

formatting link
open to participants who run their own Asterisk with an FXO interface to the local PSTN to terminate other participants' calls. Details at
formatting link

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.