wifi phone

Hi all,

has anyone come across any reviews of this device actually in use ?

formatting link
I am tempted but although it appears to be released I have googled and can not find reviews of what people will think it is like ?

surely a phone connected via wifi would need a serious battery ?

David

Reply to
David Cleland
Loading thread data ...

If you only want to use it at home then there are other options - such as the ability to connect a DECT set to Skype..

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
CWatters

This looks interesting, I do not really understand dect etc but the review

12 appears to simply be a box that would allow std calls and skype calls to be sent to my home phone ?

my only slight fear is the rest of the family getting used to the * use etc.

I am tempted by the linksys skype phone which is much more affordable than the wifi unit.

David

Reply to
David Cleland

They are just digital cordless phones.

I believe it's just a kind of switch. It automatically connects the phone (or for example a cordless phone system base station) to the regular phone line and the USB cable to your computer (eg skype). When you dial the * routes the call accordingly - either out on the phone line or via your PC and skype.

With this type of device check what happens when there is a power cut - eg can you still make emergency calls on the regular phone line.

Reply to
CWatters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.