New York Numbers

Hi

I run a UK VoIP Provider and am trying to find a similar operation in New York who can provide me with a phone number of the form

1-212-NNN-0010.

If anyone can do this, please let me know.

thanks peter

Reply to
Peter Gradwell
Loading thread data ...

We do VOIP.

Try Sale at +1 212 758 3283 Ext. 108.

Reply to
john

This would normally require additional fees for a "vanity number", but even if you get lucky, you can only hit one or two of the 999 combinations for the NNN in your number. I cannot think of a provider that has all the exchange numbers in the area, let alone for the 0010 number that goes pretty quick. Are you saying you are capable of pulling that off in UK?

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Yes, I already have it, my london number is +44-020-7NNN-0010 (we're a PSTN operator here in .uk), and being a telco-junkie I wanted a matching US one, preferably in the 212 area code.

In the UK, we get allocated 10k blocks of numbers, so if you're the operator, it's quite easy to pick the number you want ;-)

The fees aren't really the issue. As you say, I need to get lucky and find the people who have the blocks, who can deliver them via SIP. So far I've drawn a blank @ most of the usual suspects.

cheers peter

Reply to
Peter Gradwell

You may well find that there simply aren't any NXX-0010 numbers available in 212. The 212 area code has been completely full for years.

If I really wanted an -0010 number, I'd start by having someone call all of the numbers from 212-200-0010 through 212-999-0010, note any that appear to be vacant, and apologize for the wrong number to the people at the more than 900 live numbers you'll have called. Then you can tell from the NANPA charts what carriers have ones that appear to be vacant and call them to see if you can get the number from them. Depending on who it is, you may have to sign up for mobile service, a pager, POTS over CATV, or whatever else they sell.

Since 212 is fully portable and the US does not have service-specific numbers, once you have your number, you can port it to a carrier that offers the service you want to use.

If this all sounds like more trouble than it's worth, maybe you should either widen your horizons to 646 and 347, or just get any old number and use it.

Reply to
John R. Levine

You may want to give USADatanet a try (

formatting link
). Their AllTalk VoIP service has just been cranked up (with a few bugs) and they offer virtual numbers for different area codes so it may be possible. They're located here in Syracuse, NY.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I know it's not what you want to hear, but

formatting link
supply free Washington state (area code 360) numbers which you can route to any existing SIP account. They may have one free with -0010..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good job for my office junior...

yes, possibly. I've written to a large number of operators now, so I'll wait for the fall out. Who knows, I may get lucky!

cheers peter

Reply to
Peter Gradwell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.