VOIP provider with French incoming number?

Hi,

As the title says, I'm trying to find a VOIP provider who can give (preferably free!) an incoming french PSTN number. I've had a long hunt but had no luck - and my own french is fairly limited.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
keeptalking
Loading thread data ...

I agree that you're not likely to find free incoming numbers now that the dot.com bubble has burst. If you're willing to pay a modest amount, they're easy to find.

Lingo offers Paris numbers as an addon to any of their plans for $10/mo. Their standard outbound service includes France in the local area.

IConnectHere offers numbers in Paris and Nice as an addon for $8/mo. They also have plans that include outbound to France.

Reply to
John R. Levine

It looks to me like you can sign up from outside France if you use their downloadable softphone, but if you want the TA, they'll only ship that within France. I got to the point in the signup where I was asked to enter my credit card, so it looks like it'd have worked.

Reply to
John R. Levine

I doubt very much you'll find such a thing free. The next best thing would be

formatting link
with an incoming normal phone number and unlimited national dialing for 6eu/month. However, they may not allow people to register if they're not in France.

A very good company I have done business with is

formatting link
and I know they can do France DID but I'm not sure how much it would cost. I'd venture a guess at 7-10 eu/month.

There is a listing of other French service providers on the asterisk voip wiki.

Reply to
BlueRinse

formatting link
I had to exit the new reader to find that link

hth

Reply to
BlueRinse

Thanks to you both for your answers - looks like wengo.fr is my best option - apparently they used to give non-geo numbers when you registered, but now it seems you have to buy credit to get an incoming number.

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
keeptalking

Incoming numbers come only with monthly unlmimited, not pay as you go. I think the hitch would come when you actually authorize your CC at which point it might tell you that the address doesn't match with any geo area. They have also had problems giving numbers in certain areas.

I have been on wengo since the 1 euro beta that lasted 5 months! It works well for the price although if you don't speak French, it can be a big problem since sometimes they have changed the login procedure without every notifying anyone. I had to go on the forum and search to find that out.

There is also Skype that now will give Paris and London (and many other) numbers and has a decent per minute rate and incoming cost, BUT they don't do SIP or IAX as you likely know.

hth

Reply to
BlueRinse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.