2 voip providers with 1 broadband?

Hi,

if I have a broadband DSL I can use the voip OK.

But, if in the house I have an IP phone that is setted for ring with the number 312 555 5555 for example can I have another IP phone where ring the number

212 444 4444 for example?

I mean can I use more providers only for call or for receive too?

If is possible which are the restrictions?

thank you friends! there are a lot of friendly persone here, thank you again

Johnny

Reply to
Explain me
Loading thread data ...

You don't really have to have two separate service providers for that. You can use 2-port VoIP gateway (like those InnoMedia 3328-2 telephone adapters Net2phone sells with their service), and establish two calling plans under the same account, one with 212 area code, and one with 312 (going by examples you posted here). That would greatly simplify your billing, BTW.

But to directly answer your question, yes you can have multiple VoIP services on the same broadband connection.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

There are certainly ways to do this.

I've noticed that some of the closed systems provide devices which must be first on the line. I'd expect to run into problems trying to use two of those.

Stay away from the closed systems and it shouldn't be a big problem. An SPA-2000 and a VoicePulse Connect! account would be a simple solution.

(I have multiple incoming lines routed to multiple phones in my house.)

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

"Explain me" ha scritto nel messaggio news:yubgd.2873$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.fastwebnet.it...

thank you for the answers to Dimitri and Kyler,

I make a better example:

I buy a router NetGear DG834G

formatting link
I would connect to the router 2 wireless phones.

In the first phone I put a number of London +44 In the second a number of New York +212

Now for each of them I set the Voip provider and so the number will be recognized in the phone.

For you how many phones can I connect to the same router? I suppose about 3 or 4 with that model.

And I think this is clear.

Now, per each phone, can I set more numbers right? So I can have 2 phones with 2 numbers in each so

4 lines with 2 phones,

is it correct?

thank you very much friends!!

Reply to
Explain me

"Explain me" ha scritto nel messaggio news:yubgd.2873$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.fastwebnet.it...

thank you for the answers to Dimitri and Kyler,

I make a better example:

I buy a router NetGear DG834G

formatting link
I would connect to the router 2 wireless phones.

In the first phone I put a number of London +44 In the second a number of New York +212

Now for each of them I set the Voip provider and so the number will be recognized in the phone.

For you how many phones can I connect to the same router? I suppose about 3 or 4 with that model.

And I think this is clear.

Now, per each phone, can I set more numbers right? So I can have 2 phones with 2 numbers in each so

4 lines with 2 phones,

is it correct?

thank you very much friends!!

Reply to
Explain me

This is still unknown. It depends on the provider. You definitely can do it with some combinations of providers and hardware.

That doesn't mean much to me. You'll register each device (or each line of each device) to an account with some provider. How they route calls to you is up to them.

Well...close enough.

Bandwidth (upstream, probably) is the only technical limitation. I have 384Kbps uploads at my house. Using a medium-speed codec, let's estimate 40Kbps (with IP overhead), I *could* support 9 simultaneous calls.

It's up to your provider.

formatting link
Pick up to two additional phone numbers, with each number having a distinctive ringing pattern.

formatting link
You can have as many Virtual Numbers as you want on a line or account!

Instead of just reading more about this, I recommend getting an SPA-2000

formatting link
a VoicePulse Connect! account.
formatting link
's what I finally did. It made the situation much clearer to me. Absolute worst case, you will have spent ~$100 on a great education.

(I don't think VoicePulse is the best provider for long- term use but their Connect! service is a good cheap way to get started.)

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

I think that the issue is, that depending on the cities involved, he may have to deal with two or more seperate VOIP providers to get service. If he is running multiple SPA-2000s (or other VOIP adapters) behind a NAT router, does he run into problems forwarding the necessary SIP ports in the router to more than one device?

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Why is the router an issue? I didn't do anything special with my router (and neither have the other people who are using my SPA-2000s).

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.