Hunting group?

I was wondering if there is such a thing in VOIP. Meaning several incoming lines with 1 phone number.

Googled and looked around. Found nothing.

Thanks

Airdog

Reply to
airdog
Loading thread data ...

Yes, google DID

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:55:42 -0600, Jonathan Roberts wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, DID is Direct Inward Dialing. A separate phone # can be assigned to extensions inside an office (not just an extension #).

What I'm trying to find out is if any VOIP provider can provide let's say

5 lines, all with the same phone #, as you can get with PSTN.

Reply to
airdog

Yes, sorry. I misunderstood...

I'm not sure if this is an official term but some providers use the word channels to describe this. EXGN has this

formatting link
I believe it is

20/month.

H> Unless I'm mistaken, DID is Direct Inward Dialing. A separate phone # can

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Gradwell do this in the UK. It's not free or particularly cheap for that matter, but they do have a reputation for reliability.

formatting link

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

"Several incoming lines with one phone number" can mean many things, though, and "lines" have a very different meaning in VOIP than in the circuit-switched world.

A hunt group is typically set up as a single number that will ring at several stations in a consistent series. Simultaneous ring allows a call to ring at several stations, and the first to answer gets it. ACD queues allow you to have LRU (or other) distribution of incoming calls to a group of stations. The list goes on and on.

You obviously Googled for the wrong thing. I've never seen a single VoIP call server or business-grade service provider that _didn't_ have some sort of hunt group feature.

S
Reply to
Stephen Sprunk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.