To submit your resume or for more information e-mail email@example.com
Network and Security Engineer is responsible for contributing to the design of the data center networks, and implementing network solutions for customers within our facilities. Remotely configure and maintain network equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and VPN Concentrators. You must have at least 5 years experience with Network and Security Engineering, preferably in a large Internet Data Center environment. Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies are required for this Senior Network and Security Engineer position.
In this position you will perform network and host-based security and risk assessments, design and implement security-related improvements/enhancements to customer and internal networks and work with network and systems engineers in implementing security infrastructure components.
You will be part of a team that implements Internet Commerce sites, provisions VPNs, develops intrusion detection and firewall management architectures. BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred plus 5 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing security policies and infrastructure in an Internet data center environment.
- Experience with networking equipment such as high end Cisco Routers and switches, Juniper Routers, particularly in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant
- Gigabit Ethernet environment. Experience with OSPF and HSRP is required.
- Experience with BGP, ISIS, EIGRP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP would be a plus.
- Strong experience in network and systems security, with not only a key understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to implement policies,
- processes and develop solutions to network and security problems.
- Experience administering and deploying network firewalls, such as Netscreen, Checkpoint, Nokia, Cisco Pix and Cisco ACLs.
- Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such as Alteon, Cisco CSS11xxx, Foundry, F5 BigIP, and Netscaler.
- Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to other internal teams and to our customers.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and encryption.
- Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop, NA/Sniffer Pro, snoop, tcpdump, ethereal and other Open Source tools.
- Participation in on-call rotation and dedication to detailed documentation are required.
- Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches and internet-related networking and security technologies.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred plus 5 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing security policies and infrastructure in a multi-customer ISP Data Center environment.