Samsung Telecommunications America
Position: Software Engineering Manager
Group: Mobile Communications
Location: San Jose, CA
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the development and management of BREW, J2ME, and/or C-based UI and software applications along with leading the end-to-end software development projects.
- Develop and manage of competent software development teams. Assign project tasks.
- Participate in the development of BREW, J2ME, and/or C-based UI and software applications.
- Take charge of end-to-end development process (architecture, design, implementation, and quality assurance) for newly introduced technologies or projects.
- Manage project progress and encourage active interchange of technology expertise with Samsung HQ.
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Wireless Networking is required.
- 8-12 years experience Software Engineering experience in a wireless/telecom organization.
- BREW programming or J2ME development experience is a plus!
- At least 5 years experience in CDMA or GSM engineering and development.
- Solid application development experience in Windows programming (Win32 API) and/or experience in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- You must have solid troubleshooting skills with complex systems and applications.
- Proven ability and experience to manage and facilitate multiple activities/projects while maintaining a positive attitude and leadership skills.
- You must be able to manage human resources related issues in an engineering environment.
- Possess solid leadership and project management skills related to full life-cycle software development in an engineering environment.
- 25 % travel is required.