Help! Problem/conflict with Sipura 1001 and D-link 504G router?

I had the same problem with a Cisto ATA-186 (or even X-Ten Lite) and the el-cheapo ZTE router provided by my DSL ISP. My conclusion was that the router was a piece of crap (and you've got a D-Link, so that conclusion likely applies), so I bought an SMC Barricade and that's been the end of my troubles. The SMC has never crashed, VoIP works great, and even my singing voice is better.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

Well, I finally have my Sipura 1001 ATA connected to my D-Link DL-504G router, an account with Gafachi set up. But I have a rather large problem. Whenever I place a voip call via Gafachi using their end termination service to the UK, it stone cold kills my router. The ADSL sync led goes out, all network activity dies and I cannot even access the router configuration web page via its ip as it just doesn't work anylonger.

The only fix is to power off the router, restart my computer and then unplug/re-plug my adsl line and then finally I can get at the config screen for the router and tell it to reconnect. Next attempt at a voip call and the same thing happens.

Any idea as to whats going on? Thanks.

Reply to
ChrisR

You probably need firmware update for your DL 504G to make it work with VoIP, (if there is one). That's fairly normal for 'old' routers. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Well, I updated the firmware on both the ATA and the router and made a call either....the router didn't lock up after that particular call...but we shall see how it fares in the future. The call quality with gafachi to a UK landline was great however. It even improved *my* singing voice.

Mart> You probably need firmware update for your DL 504G to make it work with > VoIP,

Reply to
ChrisR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.