Should I be getting the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter?

I recently got one and so far I like it. It's tiny and lightweight and seems to work well. In contrast with the Cisco ATA-186 it is replacing, it was a breeze to configure (no more than 3 minutes in my case, and it worked on the first try). Sound quality seems fine. At the moment I'm using it in Europe to connect to an Asterisk server in the USA; it'll get its true trial by fire when I bring it back to Asia next week.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

It plugs into your router like any other ethernet device. Yes it has its own IP address which it gets either from the router if you use DHCP or (preferably) one that you set manually in whatever private range your system is using (mine is set to 192.168.1.12)

It is configured by means of its own web interface.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

If anyone can help that would be great. I intend to plug my cordless analog phone into an ATA which is then connected to my D-link DSL-504G

formatting link
router/ADSL modem. I've set up an account with Fwd world.

Will the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter do as my ATA? Should I be using something else with this particular router? I'm located in New Zealand and want to call the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Reply to
ChrisR

Ah, ok thanks. And I guess there is no problem using with my router? How do you configure the SPA-1001? Does it plug into your computer....does it have its own ip address perhaps?

Reply to
ChrisR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.